Crossing into the Central time zone "saved" us an hour today, although we're still exhausted. And of course when I say "we" I mean Hubby and I...as the kiddos seem I be running on energizer tonight! To top it off, the folks in the room above us must wrastling hogs. The thumping and banging is irritating, to say the least. Plus it's keeping my kids up!
Today was interesting. I passed a teenage girl driving in Indiana. She was probably 16; she was gripping the wheel at 10 & 2 and she looked terrified traveling at less than the posted 70mph limit. It reminded me of the first time I drove faster than I was comfortable. Mom and I were taking my little brother to a hockey tournament near Albany somewhere. I wonder if she remembers that.
We also passed a billboard this afternoon for the Bourbon (MO) Family Center. It advertised "Beer-Liquor & Firearms". Classic.
Tonight we're staying in Springfield, MO. We drove through St. Louis and all the kids took pictures of the arch with their disposable cameras. It was really neat to experience their awe.
Tomorrow will be about the same as today. Long but surprisingly bearable. Then we'll bunk for our last night before arriving in our new city. Here's hoping the 'holes upstairs stop jumping around! >:•|
Okay, I'm All Caught Up Now! Thanks For Sharing! I'm Anxious For An Update That You're In Your New Home And That The Boots Are Doing Well. Hugs To Each Of You xoxo
ReplyDelete